Charterhouse hold regular monthly sales of fine arts and antiques, and ten auctions of vehicles per year. We have a very keen attitude towards technology and the internet. We are a hardworking and friendly team of people, and a family-owned company. We are housed in a large and attractive building located in the heart of Sherborne.
Apprentice Office Admin Assistant – posted on this web site 14th July 2020
We are practising safe working conditions, especially relating to the current Covid-19 crisis.
We are recruiting! We have a vacancy for an apprentice office administrator, with specific responsibility for posting out our many parcels.
Training and experience will be given in
- Customer facing – you will be shown how to deal with clients on the phone, face to face, by email and letter, and will be expected to develop these skills.
- Office administration – general office tasks will be carried out and supervised.
- Handling of money – we handle less cash now, but and you will be trained how to handle cash, print receipts, and cash up at the end of the day.
- Online card payment system.
- Auction administration system – sending and receiving of payments, and taking payments in person.
- Postage – we send out a lot of parcels after each auction. You will be instructed how to monitor who would like postage, how to monitor payments, and request parcel packing and collection. This will be a significant part of the role, and is an important part of the post.
- Reception work – you will be asked to provide some lunchtime cover in reception, answering the ‘phone and directing customer enquiries.
- General auction admin support – this will vary over time but is quite interesting (or we like to think so!)
- Other office duties
We would like you to offer:
- Punctuality – we expect you to be ready to work at 9.00am.
- Reliability – we expect you to turn up for work.
- Enthusiasm – we enjoy what we do, and like working with others who are looking for the same experience.
- Some computer experience would be useful.
- A smart appearance, as you will be dealing with our customers at all times.
- Honesty and a friendly nature. You will be dealing with some clients at a difficult time, dealing with sensitive items, so professionalism, discretion and tact are all essential.
- Numeracy and spelling.
- An eye for detail
We are currently arranging with Yeovil college to offer this apprenticeship using their administration of the vacancy.
4o hours per week. During the auction week (usually once a month), auction days (Friday) start at 8.20am. Twice a month there is a team meeting starting at 8.30 in the morning. At least five times a year there is a car auction on a Saturday and Sunday which you will be required to work at.
Holiday: 4 weeks per year, plus bank holidays.
Pay is £5.15 per hour for apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. If you are over 19 after the first year we will pay the national minimum wage.
If this sounds of interest, Please write with your cv and a hand written covering letter to;
Mrs Abigail Bromell, Director, Charterhouse, The Long St Salerooms, Sherborne, Dorset DT9 3BS
This is a position we are aiming to fill as soon as possible.