Charterhouse hold regular monthly sales of fine arts and antiques. We have a very keen attitude towards technology and the internet. We are a hardworking and friendly team of people, and a family-owned company. We are housed in a large and attractive building located in the heart of Sherborne.
We are always keen to hear from experienced auction staff willing to develop their career with Charterhouse, please contact us if you feel you can grow with us, thank you.
Vacancy: Admin assistant to Matthew Whitney, Head of Vehicle Department
We are looking for someone really special.
We currently run nine classic vehicle auctions per year, and need an experienced administrator who can help us run this busy department smoothly, offering excellent customer service.
The position involves:
• Dealing with the public, face to face, on the telephone, by letter and email.
• Typing skills, computer literacy.
• Experience with Windows and with Word.
• Office experience – especially the ability to work accurately to deadlines under pressure.
• A smart appearance.
• Numeracy and good organisational skills.
• Assistance with all aspects of the administration of the Classic Vehicle department.
• All telephone enquiries relating to Matthew’s appointments and diary management.
• Cold calling prospective clients to try and book appointments for Matthew to visit them re selling vehicles.
• Answering the telephone, if reception is unable to answer, with occasional reception cover during lunchtime and holidays.
• Typing customer information on to the auction package, for which training in our auction package will be given.
• Secretarial work using Microsoft Word.
• Maintaining and processing documentation for vehicle auctions.
• Assisting at all vehicle auctions; in the run up to the sale, being in charge of documentation and ensuring we have all relevant information for each vehicle and client, liaising with clients as vehicles are delivered, assisting prospective purchasers during the sale with documentation and vehicle viewing, helping after the sale with vehicle collection, calling clients, and dealing with the processing of all vehicle documentation.
• There will be many other aspects to the job, as we are the kind of business where you will be expected to join in where necessary.
Hours of work; 8.50am to 5.15pm, Monday to Friday. Twice a month there is a team meeting starting at 8.30 in the morning. At least nine times a year there is a vehicle auction, and currently five of these are on a Saturday and Sunday which you will be required to work. This is an expanding department, so more auctions may be possible in the future. Where necessary overtime may be required to complete your work.
Holiday: 4 weeks per year, plus bank holidays.
Pay is reviewed every year in December. Overtime is paid at time, with the exception of weekend work for vehicle auctions, where you will be paid either time and a half, or time, plus half as holiday (you can choose)
If you feel this sounds interesting, please get in touch.
Please send your cv with hand written letter by Monday 16th April to:
Mrs Abigail Bromell
Charterhouse, The Long Street Salerooms,
Sherborne, Dorset DT9 3BS