Charterhouse hold regular monthly sales of fine arts and antiques. We have a very keen attitude towards technology and the internet. We are a hardworking and friendly team of people, and a family-owned company. We are housed in a large and attractive building located in the heart of Sherborne.
We are always keen to hear from experienced auction staff willing to develop their career with Charterhouse, please contact us if you feel you can grow with us, thank you.
1 -PA to Richard Bromell, Director
Charterhouse is a busy, established, family run auction house, working in a lovely listed building in the beautiful market town of Sherborne in Dorset.
Vacancy:PA to Richard Bromell, Director
• Experience of dealing with the public, face to face and on the telephone.
• Diary management experience, with a good working knowledge of the local area.
• Typing skills.
• Experience with Windows and with Word.
• Office experience – especially the ability to work accurately to deadlines under pressure.
• A smart appearance.
• Numeracy and good organisational skills.
• Confidential typing of valuations for probate, sale and insurance. Transcription in the run up to catalogue deadline.
• All telephone enquiries relating to appointments and diary management.
• Answering the telephone, if reception is unable to answer, with some reception cover during lunchtime and holidays.
• Typing customer information on to the auction package, for which training in our auction package will be given.
• Secretarial work using Microsoft Word.
• Maintaining and processing documentation for vehicle auctions.
• There will be many other aspects to the job, depending on ability. This is a key position in our company.
Hours of work; 8.50am to 5.15pm, Monday to Friday. During the auction week (usually once a month) there is an evening of viewing to 6.00pm on Wednesday, and auction days (Friday) start at 8.20am. Twice a month there is a team meeting starting at 8.30 in the morning. At least four times a year there is a car auction on a Saturday and Sunday which you may be required to work at. Some overtime may be required to complete your work.
Holiday: 4 weeks per year, plus bank holidays.
Pay is reviewed every year in December. Overtime is paid at time.
Please contact us if you are interested in this position.
Please send your cv with hand written letter by November 13th to:
Mrs Abigail Bromell
Charterhouse, The Long Street Salerooms,
Sherborne, Dorset DT9 3BS