Charterhouse hold regular monthly sales of fine arts and antiques. We have a very keen attitude towards technology and the internet. We are a hardworking and friendly team of people, and a family-owned company. We are housed in a large and attractive building located in the heart of Sherborne.
We are always keen to hear from experienced auction staff willing to develop their career with Charterhouse, please contact us if you feel you can grow with us, thank you.
We have one current vacancy. Full training will be given.
1 – Office Admin, helping with our busy post department. Full training will be given.
• Deal with all customer enquiries about parcel packing and postage.
• Co-ordinate the packing of parcels in a timely manner, keeping track of customer payments.
• Answer the telephone, and deal with general customer enquiries.
• Assist the other members of the admin team, including the office manager and the PA to Directors, in any office tasks that need doing.
• Typing customer information and auction data on to the auction software.
• Secretarial work using Microsoft Word.
• There will be many other aspects to the job, depending on ability.
• General office experience, and a knowledge of computers is desirable.
• A smart appearance.
• The ability to deal with the public.
• Good organisational skills.
For this position: Hours of work; 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. During the auction week (usually once a month) there is an evening of viewing to 6pm on Wednesday, and auction days (Friday) start at 8.20am, and finish at 5.00pm. Five times a year there is a classic bike or car auction on a Saturday and Sunday, and you will need to be available to work at some of these. Overtime will be necessary to complete the cataloguing entries prior to deadline (once a month). Overtime will be paid on a pro rata basis.
Holiday: 4 weeks per year pro rata, plus bank holidays.
GCSE Maths and English please. Please contact Abigail Bromell, Director, by email email@example.com, if you would like to apply. Deadline December 12th.