Charterhouse hold regular monthly sales of fine arts and antiques. We also hold at least eight auctions of classic Cars or Motorbikes per year. We have a very keen attitude towards technology and the internet. We are a hardworking and friendly team of people, and a family-owned company. We are housed in a large and attractive building located in the heart of Sherborne.
We are always keen to hear from experienced auction staff willing to develop their career with Charterhouse, please contact us if you feel you can grow with us, thank you.
To apply please send your cv with hand-written cover-letter to:
Mrs A Bromell, Director, Charterhouse, The Long St Salerooms, Sherborne, Dorset DT9 3BS.
Vacancy: PA to Matthew Whitney, Associate Director,
Head of Vehicle Department
We are looking for someone really special.
Part PA, part super administrator, we want someone who is confident at diary management, loves dealing with the public, and is happy to provide an efficient and effective admin service for the busy head of the vehicle department, which will include entering vehicle information in to our auction package.
You will need plenty of computer experience, and be happy communicating with people by letter, phone and email, as well as face to face, and have a smart experience. We are looking for someone who is happy with numbers, spelling, and is very good at detail. In the run up to catalogue deadline it can get quite high-pressured too!
In return we offer a role where you can make a real and valuable contribution to our team, support, excitement, and all the thrills that working in an expanding department brings.
• Assistance with all aspects of the administration of the Classic Vehicle department, including auction deadline.
• All telephone enquiries relating to Matthew’s appointments and diary management.
• Cold calling prospective clients to try and book appointments for Matthew to visit them re selling vehicles.
• Answering the telephone, if reception is unable to answer, with occasional reception cover during lunchtime and holidays.
• Typing customer information on to the auction package, for which training in our auction package will be given.
• Secretarial work using Microsoft Word.
• Maintaining and processing documentation for vehicle auctions.
• Assisting at all vehicle auctions; in the run up to the sale, being in charge of documentation and ensuring we have all relevant information for each vehicle and client, liaising with clients as vehicles are delivered, assisting prospective purchasers during the sale with documentation and vehicle viewing, helping after the sale with vehicle collection, calling clients, and dealing with the processing of all vehicle documentation.
• There will be many other aspects to the job, as we are the kind of business where you will be expected to join in where necessary.
Hours of work; 8.50am to 5.15pm, Monday to Friday. Twice a month there is a team meeting starting at 8.30 in the morning. At least nine times a year there is a vehicle auction, and currently five of these are on a Saturday and Sunday which you will be required to work. This is an expanding department, so more auctions may be possible in the future. Where necessary overtime may be required to complete your work.
Holiday: 4 weeks per year, plus bank holidays.
Pay is reviewed every year in December, with your first review in December 2018.